Licences for high risk work 

You must have the right high risk work licence and be over the age of 18 to perform high risk work, which includes:

  • dogging and rigging work
  • operating certain types of cranes and hoists
  • scaffolding work (as defined in the regulations)
  • operating a forklift truck
  • operating a reach stacker
  • operating a boom-type elevating work platform with a boom length of over 11 metres

Getting a high risk work licence 

ATC Training Services train and assess for certain high risk work licence classes.  You are required to pass the relevant national assessment instrument for the licence class, and you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.

You can then apply to your local WHS regulator for a high risk work licence. You must lodge your application within 60 days of getting your statement of attainment or equivalent.

Your licence is valid for 5 years

Renewing your licence 

You cannot carry out high risk work while your licence is expired.

You must renew your licence within 12 months after the expiry date. If you don’t, you must do training and assessment again before you can lodge another application.