AIMS AND OUTCOMES
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required for the operation of a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment, for licensing purposes. This definition also includes a truck on which the operator is raised with the attachment for order-picking.
This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work
- Accurately interpret information relating to conducting forklift truck operations (e.g. procedures)
- Safely conduct forklift truck operations including all functions to the maximum height and load capacity
- Identify hazards associated with the operation of the forklift truck, assess risks and put into place effective hazard prevention/control measures for those hazards identified
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Methodology of determining the weight of a load
- WHS legislation, standards relevant to the safe operation for the forklift trucks
- Understanding of forklift characteristics and capabilities (including use of load data plates)
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Forklift truck operations and safe operating techniques
- Typical routine problems encountered in the operation of the crane and equipment and adjustments required for correction
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Shift load
- Shut down and secure forklift truck
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
COURSE CODE: TLILIC0003 – LICENCE TO OPERATE A FORKLIFT TRUCK
Trainwest will be the issuing RTO for the Statement of Attainment associated with this nationally recognised VET course. ATC Offshore provides Nationally Recognised Training under a Third-Party Provider Agreement on behalf of Trainwest (RTO Provider No. 51807).