AIMS AND OUTCOMES
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 tonnes) for licensing purposes. It encompasses the requirement for the up to 100 tonnes licence.
This course requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer loads, mobile loads and shut down and secure the crane. This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 tonnes capacity) for the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other associated personnel
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer’s specifications and data, including load charts, to enable the crane to be configured for the load
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for the crane
- Mobile slewing crane characteristics and capabilities to allow the configuration of the crane to suit the range of loads
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting operations for the crane class
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits (including use of crane load charts)
- Typical routine problems encountered with equipment and adjustments required for correction
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up crane
- Transfer loads
- Mobile load
- Shut down and secure crane
A person undertaking this unit must hold:
- A current National HRWL to perform dogging or a current certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging that has been issued by, or on behalf of a WHS Regulator.
- A current National HRWL to operate a Slewing Mobile crane (up to 60 Tonnes), and current industry experience operating a slewing mobile crane of greater than 20t and up to 60t competently for at least 2 years
COURSE CODE: TLILIC0020 – LICENCE TO OPERATE A SLEWING MOBILE CRANE 100t+
Trainwest will be the issuing RTO for the Statement of Attainment associated with this nationally recognised VET course. ATC Offshore provides Nationally Recognised Training under a Third-Party Provider Agreement on behalf of Trainwest (RTO Provider No. 51807).