AIMS AND OUTCOMES
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane/ operator for licensing purposes.
This course covers the scope of work to demonstrate competency in the application of slinging techniques, selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane/ operator in the movement of the load.
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of fixed channel two-way radios
- Calculate rated capacity of lifting equipment
- Ability to interpret rated capacity and working load limit tags
- Hazard identification and control
- Slinging techniques
- Selection and inspection of lifting equipment
- Directing crane operators in the moving of loads in a safe manner, using a slewing crane
- Inspection and care of a wide range of lifting equipment to appropriate Australian Standards and/or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- Basic knowledge of types of cranes and their functions
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of techniques for undertaking dogging activities
- Load stability and safety factors in line with manufacturer’s specifications
- Understanding of the hierarchy of control
- Plan job
- Select and inspect equipment
- Prepare site and equipment
- Perform task
- Shut down job and clean up
There are no pre-requisites for this course
COURSE CODE: CPCCLDG3001 LICENCE TO PERFORM DOGGING
Trainwest will be the issuing RTO for the Statement of Attainment associated with this nationally recognised VET course. ATC Offshore provides Nationally Recognised Training under a Third-Party Provider Agreement on behalf of Trainwest (RTO Provider No. 51807).