AIMS AND OUTCOMES
The Stage 2 Offshore Crane Operator Re-Assessment course aims to give participants the knowledge required to continue to operate an offshore crane in a safe and efficient manner. This is achieved using a bank of scenarios on the offshore crane simulator or offshore crane by demonstrating experience with offshore deck lifts in an offshore environment.
The Stage 2 Offshore Crane Operator Re-Assessment course is used to assess the continued competence of offshore crane operators. BS 7121 Part 11 states that an offshore crane operators’ competence should be
re-assessed every 2 years. Use of an offshore crane simulation exercises play a part in complying with this standard.
- Review of prevailing legislation, regulations and standards
- Understanding of crane and installation safety systems and devices
- Emergency operating procedures
- Machine awareness and safe areas for crane operation
- Ability to work with a Banksman and/or Riggers
- Radio procedures
- Pre-use checks, Inspection Routines and crane maintenance
- Operational controls ability and attitude towards safe operations
- Crane load charts and safety equipment
- Plan work
- Crane pre operational checks and maintenance
- Wire rope inspection and care
- Safe rigging practices and Rigging calculations
- Offshore crane safety devices and Dynamic Factors
- Safe working loads and load safety indicators
- Conduct Deck lifts using a Crane or Use of an offshore crane simulator
Offshore Crane Operator Stage 2
Logged hours and documented evidence of offshore deck lifts
COURSE CODE: OFFSHORE CRANE OPERATOR STAGE 2 RE-ASSESSMENT – BS7121 PART 11
Offshore Crane Operator Stage 2 certificate of re-assessment is issued to conduct all deck lifts.
Certification is issued in accordance with BS 7121 Part 11 upon successful completion and is valid for 2 years from date of issue.