AIMS AND OUTCOMES
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a bridge or gantry crane with either a control cabin or more than three powered operations which is supported on runways along which the crane may travel, for licensing purposes.
This course requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, transfer loads and shut down and secure the crane.
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Transfer load
- Mobile load
- Shut down and secure crane
- Operate a bridge or gantry crane
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer’s specifications and data,
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures
- Bridge or gantry crane characteristics and capabilities
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits
- Typical routine problems encountered in the operation of the crane and equipment and adjustments required for correction
A Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment will be issued upon successful completion in accordance with RTO partnership agreement